Notice of Amtrak Claims Fund Under the ADA
Amtrak has entered into a Settlement Agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice to resolve a lawsuit brought under the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”). The Settlement Agreement resolves alleged violations of the ADA.
If you were harmed by Amtrak’s lack of accessible transportation services between July 27, 2013 and December 2, 2020 you may be eligible to receive payment from a compensation fund established by Amtrak.
To be eligible for consideration for possible payment, you must submit a claim by May 29, 2021. You may obtain information on how to submit a claim in several ways:
- By visiting AmtrakDisabilitySettlement.com;
- By sending an email with your name, address, and telephone number to info@AmtrakDisabilitySettlement.com;
- By calling the Fund Administrator at (888) 334-6165 or TTY: (866) 411-6976.
A copy of the Settlement Agreement between the U.S. Department of Justice and Amtrak is available at AmtrakDisabilitySettlement.com. For further information about the ADA, visit www.ada.gov or call the Department of Justice’s toll-free ADA Information Line at 1-800-514-0301 (voice) or 1-800-514-0383 (TTY).
Esta Notificación y otra información están disponibles en español en AmtrakDisabilitySettlement.com.
Some additional information links appear below.
- Details from the full settlement are here: www.ada.gov/enforce_current.htm#amtrak
- U.S. Department of Justice Press Release
The City of Mattoon is not responsible for any of the content above or for links to external information. This information is provided as a public notice and courtesy for its citizens and those who frequent the historic Mattoon Train Depot in Downtown Mattoon.