If you would like to sign up for automatic payment by bank draft, please complete this form and mail to:
City of Mattoon
P.O. Box 99
Mattoon, IL 61938
Please note that once your application is submitted, you will receive an email from us with the new account number that you will need in order to pay your security deposit.
Applicants having an 18 month history of timely payments are exempt from paying a security deposit.
A security deposit ($60 residential or $100 commercial) will be required before service can be activated.
Pay online at mattoon.illinois.gov/payments or pay by phone by calling 844-701-1148.
By this Water Service Agreement (hereinafter referred to as "Agreement") executed by and between the City of Mattoon, Illinois, a municipal corporation (hereinafter referred to as "City") and the applicant (hereinafter referred to as "Customer") and in consideration of the terms, conditions, covenants and mutual benefits contained herein, it is hereby agreed that:
1. Customer is a tenant in or the owner of certain real estate legally described in the water service address and desires that the City supply water service to said address.
2. City is the owner and operator of a waterworks system as defined in ILCS Ch. 65, Act 5, § 11-139-1, and desires to supply water service to said real estate.
3. City shall supply water service to Customer in accordance with its rate schedule, rules and regulations, as amended from time to time by the City, governing the rate, use, maintenance, construction, and management of the City waterworks system.
4. Customer shall comply with all rate schedules, rules and regulations, as amended from time to time by the City, governing the rate, use, maintenance, construction, and management of the City waterworks system. A summary of some of the important regulations are listed below, Customers are directed to the City Code of Ordinances for a full listing of the rate schedules, rules and regulations.
(a) Water bills are due on the same day each month and it is not possible to change the due date.
(b) If the Mattoon Finance Department has not received the full amount due on the due date shown on the bill, a late fee 10% of the balance due will be added to the account.
(c) Late notices will be mailed to all accounts having an outstanding balance as of 4:30 p.m. on the due date as shown on the bill. The late notice shall state the full amount due, including any late fees, and shall state the date the service will be shut off for non-payment (disconnection date) if the full amount due is not received by 8:30 a.m. on the disconnection date. The disconnection date shall be at least 10 days after the due date as shown on the bill.
(d) If the Mattoon Finance Department has not received the payment by 8:30 a.m. on the disconnection date, the account will be charged a $25 non-payment fee and may be subject to immediate disconnection.
(e) If service is disconnected for non-payment, all past due amounts and fees must be paid before service will be restored. The payment must be made by cash, money order, or credit card, checks will not be accepted.
(f) If a bank returns a Customer's check or bank draft unpaid, for any reason, that Customer's service will be immediately disconnected without further notice to the Customer.
(g) A $25 fee will be charged for all returned checks or bank drafts.
(h) If service is disconnected for a returned check or bank draft, all past due amounts on the account, including the returned check fee, must be paid before service will be restored. The payment must be made by cash, money order, or credit card, checks will not be accepted.
(i) Deposits are required for all new water service accounts unless (1) Customer has a landlord or contractor agreement with the City; (2) Customer has current water service with the City and has made on time payments on that service for the last eighteen months; or (3) on receipt of a letter from another utility that provided service to the applicant and gives evidence of the applicant's good credit history.
(j) After completing 18 months of initial consecutive service with no late payments, deposit refunds will be credited to the Customer's account. If Customer has not made timely payments over the initial 18 months of service, the deposit shall be credited to Customer account upon 18 consecutive months of timely payments and application therefore.
(k) A fee of $50 will be charged for any same day new service connection required after 3:00 p.m.
(l) Payments may be placed in the drop box located in the parking lot North of City Hall. This drop box is emptied at 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. daily.
5. In the event that any part of the real estate identified in Exhibit "A" is at the time of the signing of this Agreement outside the corporate limits of the City and if at any time any part of the real estate becomes contiguous to the corporate boundaries of the City, the Customer shall execute the petition to annex. Customer shall execute the petition within 30 days of the receipt of a written request from the City to do so, and shall do any and all acts necessary to complete the petition. The City shall disconnect water service to the Customer if the Customer fails or otherwise refuses to execute such petition to annex, or otherwise fails to do any act necessary to annex said real estate into the corporate boundaries of the City.
City of Mattoon, Coles County, Illinois
(Ord. 2021-5442, passed 6-1-2021)
[ Placeholder content for popup link ]
WordPress Download Manager - Best Download Management Plugin