The Mattoon Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer.
Application deadline is Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
How to Apply
- Purchase and complete your application at https://iosolutions.com by the application deadline
- Submit all supporting documentation by the application deadline
Police Officer Minimum Requirements
- $25 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizenship
- No felony convictions
- Must possess an Associate’s Degree (in any field) – OR – have served 24 months active duty in the armed forces
- Valid driver’s license
- 21 to under 35 years of age as of February 9, 2021 unless otherwise exempt*
- Residency within 25 miles of City corporate limits, within six (6) months of hire
- Submission of an online application and all documents listed on the checklist by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 9, 2021
- A thorough background investigation including a full medical and psychological evaluation will be required prior to hire; complete disclosure and sincerity within your application is necessary. A polygraph may also be required.
Orientation and Testing Information
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation, written examination, and POWER test, on Saturday, March 6, 2021. Doors will open at 8:00 a.m. Please arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. There will be no late admittance. Test will be held in multiple locations:
1) Written Exam: 1701 Wabash Avenue, Mattoon (Burgess Auditorium)
2) POWER test run: 2521 Walnut Avenue, Mattoon (Mattoon Senior High School track)
3) All other components of the POWER test: 1710 Wabash Avenue, Mattoon (Mattoon Police Department)
Testing is expected to take several hours; bringing a beverage and snack is highly suggested.
Salary and Benefits
- Starting Salary: $49,899
- After 1-Year Probationary Period: $59,845
- Department Size: 38
- Mattoon Police Department anticipates a minimum of three (3) vacancies this year
Please contact IOS Recruitment at (800)-343-HIRE or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the application, required documents or testing.