The original Railroad Depot was constructed in 1918 by the Illinois Central Railroad. The Depot was remodeled in 2011.
The Depot is still an active Amtrak Station with 3,000 passengers departing and arriving per month.
The City has five spaces available in the Depot Building ranging from a 755 sq. ft. private office space to a 1500 sq. ft. high-visibility, main floor, retail/office area with bathrooms. These spaces are an excellent opportunity for a new business needing exposure to foot traffic from the train passengers and the 4,000 vehicles per day on Broadway Avenue.
For leasing information please contact, Angelia Burgett at 217-258-6286. Lease terms are negotiable dependent on use.